Tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa.
Ki Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara taku mahi.
Pleased at no longer having any chance of being needed as an ambassador.
Statistics show a couple of new active contributors i Nov 2006.
(The registered user claiming the highest proficiency in the language was, for several months, User:Node ue, who is well known in other Wikipedias, so I don't mind if people try to talk to him here, preferably in Maori. He has good ideas about linking wikis and his claimed language learning has made great strides since he said in May 2004 "I am not a Maori speaker".)
|Proficiency in specified languages|
- Ngata Dictionary (new URL 2005; it now has macrons; however, it has been - at least until October 2006 - unable to recognise them in a Maori-English search)
- ngā aho whakamāori-ā-tuhi (English and Maori Word Translator) formerly from the Knowledge Engineering Laboratory of Te Whare Wānanga o Otāgo, now based in Tāmaki Makaurau
- Tai Tokerau dictionary, using umlauts but with many examples translated (and therefore an improvement on Williams)
- He Kupu Rorohiko - Computer-related terms, by Te Taka Keegan - over 350 Maori-English words and phrases, followed by English-Maori
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia English Language articles about Maori subjects
- I'm user number 11! Another place to find me is my English page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Robin_Patterson
- As I indicated on a kōrero page recently, my knowledge of "te reo" is a bit less than skeletal. So my contributions here are likely to be mostly just structural or text I can copy. I see that a couple of others are already doing some of that rather well.
- Maybe today it looks likely - 29 Noema 2005.
- Email is welcome; note that New Zealand Standard Time is 12 or 13hrs ahead of UTC/Greenwich.)
Kia ora koutou
- Robin Patterson 22:39, 31 Mar 2004 (UTC)
Titiro hoki (see also)[edit | edit source]
- User:Robin Patterson/English-language welcome
- Style Guides for this Wikipedia (but for tables see Ripanga pūmotu)
- "Day" pages etc
- User:Robin Patterson/testpages
- User:Robin Patterson/modelpages
- en:User:Robin Patterson/MaoriModelPeoplePages
- en:User:Robin Patterson/MaoriModelPlacesPages
- en:User:Robin Patterson/MaoriModelMonthPages
- en:User:Robin Patterson/MaoriModelYearPages
- User:Robin Patterson/WIP
- User:Robin Patterson/iwi
[edit | edit source]
- Maori Language Commission (Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori, which sets definitive standards)
- Link Exchange directory "An easy and fast link exchange with a Friendly Search Engines directory, using static pages." It lists us, but not much else at Robin's last visit.
- "project to develop a web-based sentence translation system for Mäori and English" - Te Kaitito
- Cultureflow - teaching Te Reo in various ways, such as the free "kupu of the day" email (not 100% reliable, eg inconsistent macron use and errors such as "The word of the day is kina. It means "see eggs".")