Wikipedia:Kōrero, pūranga 2007-2009
- 1 Tō Wikiperia 'pepeha'
- 2 Pānui: Robin Patterson
- 3 Pānui: Kaupapa hou: mō ngā ingoa mātāwhenua reorua
- 4 mi:User:Dave
- 5 Wikimedia Election Notice
- 6 He tono whakamāori tuhipānui
- 7 Preparation of Fundraiser 2007
- 8 Please post this to your village pump
- 9 Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki
- 10 Hi
- 11 Tiwho
- 12 Bot command translations
- 13 Article or articles translation requests
- 14 Bot policy
- 15 Three translation requests
- 16 Manual for new and small Wikipedias
- 17 Tell us about your Wikipedia
- 18 A request from Russia
- 19 The most often used MediaWiki messages
- 20 Ecser
- 21 A list of note, or a translation request
- 22 Poi
Tō Wikiperia 'pepeha'[edit source]
He paku whakaaro noa iho tōku mō tō Wikiperia pepeha: 'Te mātāpunenga utukore'. Ki a au nei, kua hē tēnei whakamāoritanga i te mea ko te mea nui o te kōrero 'The Free Encyclopedia' (L'encyclopedie libre', 'Die freie Enzyklopedie', atu rānei) ehara i te utukoretanga, ko te wāteatanga kē, arā, ka taea e a wai te pā atu, ahakoa ki hea, ahakoa āhea, ahakoa whairawa kore rānei atu rānei, arā, kua wātea mō te katoa. Nō reira mēna ka whakaae ngā kaiwhakahaere o ēnei whārangi reo māori, me huri pea te pepeha hei: 'te mātāpunenga wātea'. Kia ora, Hāpara 14 Poututerangi 2009
Pānui: Robin Patterson[edit source]
- Kia mōhio te hapori, nā Meta i whakakore ngā tūranga kaiwhakahaere o User:Robin Patterson i tēnei rā, i te 31 o ngā rā o Haratua, 2007. Kahuroa 06:24, 31 Haratua 2007 (UTC)
- (Notice: following a vote by the community, the bureaucrat and sysop access rights of User:Robin Patterson were removed today, 31 May 2007). Kahuroa 06:24, 31 Haratua 2007 (UTC)
Pānui: Kaupapa hou: mō ngā ingoa mātāwhenua reorua[edit source]
Ka whakatūria e ahau tētahi kaupapa hou kia kōrerotia e te hapori, hei whakapūmau ki ngā tikanga o tēnei Wikipedia Māori. Ko te kaupapa: I roto i te pouaka whakamōhiotanga o tētahi tuhipānui mātāwhenua mō Aotearoa, pērā i ngā tuhipānui mō ngā tāone, ka tuhia tuatahitia te ingoa Māori, ā, i raro iho, ka puta ko te ingoa reo Pākehā, pēnei:
Ingoa reo Māori Ingoa reo Pākehā
Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara Wellington
Ko te take, he reo tūturu o Aotearoa te reo Pākehā; ā, kua whakaaetia e te hapori Aotearoa o te Wikipedia reo Pākehā i en:Wikipedia:New Zealand Wikipedians' notice board kia puta pēnei ai aua ingoa i ngā tuhipānui mō ngā wāhi o Aotearoa:
English Name Māori Name (Māori)
- Tautoko E pai ana ahua ki tēnei kaupapa. Kahuroa 08:24, 5 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
- Tautoko I support. I am working on a infobox over on en. If mi wishes to adapt this box for here, feel free (my draft includes a English/Māori name field). Heoi anō; nā Brian (talk) 08:52, 5 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
- Kia ora Brian, he whakaaro rangatira tēnā. Kahuroa 09:36, 5 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
- Tautoko --ThT 08:56, 5 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
- Tautoko --Wolfgang K 03:32, 6 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
- E Tautoko ana ahau mena he peenei te whakatakoto:
Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara Wellington
- Kaahore ahau e pai kia puta nga hoto e paa ana ki te reo. Matapihi 19:19, 8 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
- Kia ora rā e hoa, āe rā, pēnā tonu te whakaaro. Kahuroa 11:29, 9 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
Kua āraia (blocked) - he karetao whakawai (sockpuppet) o Jose77 aka BrianT77 aka Jason aka Joseph aka David. The following have been redirected to old versions because Jose77 edited the pages in question to hide his activities:
- Section 'Translation Request' of mi:User talk:Matapihi
- Section 'Translation request' of en:User talk:Kguirnela
- Section 'Translation request of la:Disputatio Usoris:Montivagus]
- Section 'Request for Help, please' of pag:User talk:Arikasikis
- Section 'Request for Translation Help/翻譯請求' of zh:User talk:Doudouliu
- Section 'Request for Translation Help' of zh-classical:User talk:Doudouliu
- Section 'Translation Request' of ak:User talk:Paa.kwesi
- Section 'Translation Request' of ak:User talk:220.127.116.11
- Section "article request' of br:Kaozeadenn Implijer:Neal/Diell 9]
- Section 'Translation Request' of mt:User talk:Joelemaltais
- Section 'Request' of to:User talk:Tauʻolunga
- Section 'Stub request' of hi:सदस्य वार्ता:Hpnadig
- This is not spam. The correct terminology is to be used is Canvassing. The reason why I removed my messages was because those users rejected or ignored my request; hence the proper action to take next would be to remove the content from their talk page (In other words, to Clean up the mess be removing the cross-posting after it is over). --Jose77 00:24, 12 Pipiri 2007 (UTC)
Wikimedia Election Notice[edit source]
If you are able, please translate this notice to as many possible languages and post it anywhere applicable.
The Wikimedia Election Committee is accepting candidates for the 2007 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. Please see  for more information.
There is still time for a new candidate to be considered for election, and you may now endorse the candidate of your choice (up to 3 candidates) on the endorsements page, . Please read the instructions carefully prior to endorsing. If you can translate the instructions, please do.
If you have any questions, please contact any member of the election committee, who are listed here .
Posted on behalf of the Election Committee,
He tono whakamāori tuhipānui[edit source]
Nā tētahi kaimahi nō Ūropi e hiahiatia ai, kia whakamāoritia ēnei o ngā tuhipānui o te Wikipedia reo Pākehā: en:Prague, en:Czech Republic. Engari kāhore anō pea he ingoa Māori o ēnei wāhi: me waiho pea kia puta ai te papakupu reo Māori hou a te Taura Whiri. Kahuroa 21:28, 6 Hōngongoi 2007 (UTC)
Preparation of Fundraiser 2007[edit source]
Hi, this is just a first introduction message to tell you: there is more to come. I am dealing with the Project Management of the Fundraiser 2007 and therefore will search for contacts of wikimedians who can help us to do our tasks on all projects. I am actually also building the structure for the fundraiser on Meta. We will need people who help to design buttons, translate texts of buttons, documents, sitenotices etc. Should you feel you want to co-operate please let me know. You can reach me on my meta user page or by e-mail at scretella (at) wikimedia (dot) org. If you wish to notify us that you would like to co-operate on translations, it would be nice if you used e-mail and copied the e-mail to me and Aphaia (aphaia (at) gmail (dot) com). Thank you for your attention and I hope to meet you soon! Cheers :-) -- 4 September 2007 Sabine
Please post this to your village pump[edit source]
Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki[edit source]
Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitates the localisation (l10n) of the MediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here to use your language in the interface, but if you would log in to for example the Japanese language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. In fact, of over 1,700 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 70 messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages for well over 100 extensions, with over 1,550 messages. Translators for over 70 languages contribute their work to MediaWiki this way every month.
If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator privileges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on MediaWiki.org and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.
If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.
You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we would be happy to help you get started.
- Currently 3.94% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.00% of the messages used by the extensions used in the WMF have been localised. Please help us help your language and localise at betawiki. This will localise Commons among other projects. GerardM 13:00, 8 Poutū-te-rangi 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.73% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.00% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. NB there is a bounty available at this time.. check Betawiki for details.. We can and will import your Wikipedia messages on request... Thanks, GerardM 08:29, 26 Āperira 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.68% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.00% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 08:39, 27 Mei 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.64% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.00% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 06:43, 7 Hūrae 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.76% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.15% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:10, 6 Ākuhata 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.59% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.13% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 12:47, 9 Hepetema 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.43% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.13% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 08:20, 14 Oketopa 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.44% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.10% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 12:14, 10 Noema 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 3.38% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.09% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 10:05, 14 December 2008 (UTC)* Currently 3.36% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.09% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:18, 10 Hānuere 2009 (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
Hi i am a maori student and my maori is a little rusty. I would just like to ask for two things. one Is there a maori version of the wikipedia logo, and two is there a place to get articles translated, such as which was requeted to maori translation on en.wikipedia.Blacksmith 07:55, 15 Mahuru 2007 (UTC)
- Kia ora Blacksmith. Yes, there is a Māori version of the Wikipedia logo. We are waiting for it to be loaded, but these things take time to happen - a long time apparently, Wikipedia is just a volunteer thing, and changing logos seems to be hard to get done. Regarding the translation of 'Scouting New Zealand', no, we don't have a translation service, all we can do is ask on this page, which you have done. I didn't know that a request had been made on en.Wikipedia for that article to be translated - I thought they had asked about getting the words "Scouting New Zealand" translated - again, it is no good getting just anyone to translate something like that, Scouting New Zealand needs to get an official translation done by experts (it is strange that they have never done that). The Māori Language Commission are the people to ask for such a thing if that is what you are meaning. Email for the MLC is here, use the general email address for inquiries. Kahuroa 10:37, 15 Mahuru 2007 (UTC)
Kia ora, I apologize for writing in English, but I don't speak Māori...
I am looking for any information on the maori firstname tiwho. Does tiwho mean something? What would the translation be? Can you tell me anything on the origin of this firstname?
Thank you in advance for your answers, and best regards from your antipodes!
- En complément, et en m'excusant à mon tour d'utiliser d'une autre langue, une personne a posé une question sur le sens du nom « tiwho » sur cette page de Wikipedia-FR. Si quelqu'un pouvait y répondre. Merci d'avance. Olivier Hammam - Whiringa-ā-nuku 15, 2007 - 18:57
- Pido tambien disculpas por hablar castellano, pero ¿puede alguien decirme que diablos significa el nombre tiwho? Muchas gracias por adelante. Hervé.
- Tiwho - ce n'est pas un nom Māori. The combination of letters wh+o is impossible in Māori. That site is wrong. Regards Kahuroa 11:25, 16 Whiringa-ā-nuku 2007 (UTC)
Tēnā Koe Hervé, There is only one instance that i am aware of where "who" (pronounced similar to "four" in eng) is used. The word Whoatu (hoatu to most other reo) is used by some of us of Maniapoto and also those of Hikairo (formally part of Maniapoto), other than that i don't believe "who" is ever used. I do know of one of my tūpuna, uncle , and also a family named "Tiwha"(all from Maniapoto). This could have been the proper name? There are many meanings for the word but i think in this instance it means dark and gloomy, which is almost always associated with feelings (i.e., sad, morbid). check ngata dictionary for other meanings. Mauri ora Tāwhana 23:22, 6 Whiringa-ā-rangi 2007 (UTC)
Bot command translations[edit source]
Hi. Could anybody translate me these interwiki bot commands to Maori (they will be displayed in all interwiki bot summaries instead English)?
- robot -
- adding -
- removing -
- modifying -
Thank you. lt:User:Hugo.arg 08:50, 16 Hui-tanguru 2008 (UTC)
Article or articles translation requests[edit source]
Kahuroa, Node ue, Tāwhana, A Whauwhau, Hjr, Maori rahi, Matapihi and Tarzipan may want to translate an article or articles if so please translate Dog, Cat and Horse, they are good articles to translate into Māori, thanks. ---18.104.22.168 20:00, 26 Hui-tanguru 2008 (UTC)
Bot policy[edit source]
Hello. There is no active bureaucrat on this wiki since several months. So as to facilitate steward granting of bot access, I'd like to suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. This involves creating a redirect to the page Wikipedia:Karetao from Wikipedia:Bot policy (which is already in place since long), and adding a line at Wikipedia:Karetao noting that standard bot policy is used here. In particular, this policy allows automatic acceptance of known interlanguage linking bots, which form the vast majority of such requests.
Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; it will be implemented in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interest in bot access requests, and/or no local bureaucrats handling such requests. Thanky you for listening and for you cooperation. --Purodha Blissenbach 08:05, 14 Poutū-te-rangi 2008 (UTC)
- I object - am back from wikibreak now Kahuroa 21:22, 16 Paenga-whāwhā 2008 (UTC)
Three translation requests[edit source]
Copied here from my talk page. I am thinking about having a dedicated page for these Kahuroa 03:59, 21 Hūrae 2008 (UTC)
A little help: Ecser[edit source]
Haere mai! Hi! I'm a Hungarian Wikipedia editor, my name is Norbert Kiss. I'm very proud of my village and I would like to read about it in a lot of langauges. I translated already it into 10 languages, but I can't speak Maori. Could you help me. My village's English page is this: Ecser. Could you translate the page of Ecser into Maori? Then just link the side into the English version and I will see it, or you could write me, when it is ready. My hungarian Wikipedia side is: My profile. Or my e-mail is: email@example.com
Thank you! Norbert
Hi! How are you? I need your help. Could you translate this article to Maori, please. It's about a temple on Kirikiriroa (Hamilton) .
- If you want to translate any article onto Spanish, Aragonese, Catalonian, Aranese (Occitanian) or Gallician, tell it to me, please.
- I'll try to do more articles, but this month I'm very occupied. --Tikanga 10:50, 31 Mei 2008 (UTC)
This is the person who translate the Bible onto Maorí, could you translate this page, please? --Tikanga 21:19, 20 Hūrae 2008 (UTC)
Manual for new and small Wikipedias[edit source]
Hello, at Meta there are pages created to help new and small Wikipedias: Manual and Wikipedia and help pages. You are welcome to have a look and comment. Kind regards--Ziko 22:51, 13 Ākuhata 2008 (UTC)
Tell us about your Wikipedia[edit source]
A request from Russia[edit source]
my name is Dmitry, I am from Russia. I like the history of New Zealand. I created in Russian articles about several prominent Maori people, such as Meri Te Tai Mangakāhia, Kiri Te Kanawa, Wiremu Tāmihana, Timi Kara and will probably create some more. Can I ask you to create at least very short articles about en:Russia, en:Moscow and en:Saint Petersburg in the Maori Wikipedia? Regards, --Dmitri Lytov 13:34, 10 Oketopa 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm Eugen from Ukraine. I've created the article about Russia (Rūhia) (and also Ukraine — Ūkareinga). There is a small amount of information, so if anybody can add something, it would be wonderful. Oh, and synopsis and orthography may be wrong too. //// Can anyone translate into maori the name Dmitry (for president of Russia) and the word federal? I've founded word republic — whenua, but Russia is federal republic.
The most often used MediaWiki messages[edit source]
Hoi, the most often used MediaWiki messages (less than 25% of all MediaWiki messages) are the most visible messages. They help our readers and editors the most. We are aiming to get these messages localised for as many languages as possible by the end of the year. Please help us and yourself and localise these messages. Thanks, GerardM 13:50, 19 Noema 2008 (UTC)
I'm a Hungarian Wiki-editor, my name is Norbert Kiss (User:Eino81). I'm very proud of my village, which is called Ecser, and we have already more than 70 translations about my village in the Wikipedias. Because of I'm a linguist and one day I would like to go to Aotearoa and live there for a while, the Maori language is very important to. I would like to see the article of my village in Maori. Could you help me? could you translate it to your mother tongue? I also can tranalte you any article, what you want. You can use the English version of that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecser). Request transferred here by Kahuroa 05:51, 25 Noema 2008 (UTC)
A list of note, or a translation request[edit source]
I just wanted to note the meta:List of articles every Wikipedia should have, or the simple:Wikipedia:List of articles all languages should have, which it is good idea to translate all of its articles eventually, Ngata Dictionary is a website to help translate words in the above lists into Maōri. --22.214.171.124 03:39, 20 Hānuere 2009 (UTC)
Kia ora, Just to let you know that the New Zealand collaboration on the English Wikipedia for May 2008 is poi. We could use good references on traditional Māori poi as most of the article is currently about the modern adaptation as a circus skill. I also hope that someone will translate the finished result, as this wikipedia doesn't have an article poi at present. Dramatic 03:30, 2 Mei 2009 (UTC)